GEANT - Detector Description and Simulation Tool
The GEANT program describes the passage of elementary particles through
the matter. Originally designed for the High Energy Physics experiments, it
has today found applications also outside this domain in the areas of medical
and biological sciencies, radioprotection and astronautics. The principal
applications of GEANT in High Energy Physics are:
- the tracking of particles through an experimental setup for simulation
of detector response
- the graphical representation of the setup and of the particle
- Documentation in
PDF and in
- This is the latest version of the GEANT manual.
You will need a browser
capable of viewing the HTML3 to view the online version of the document.
- Latest information about GEANT4, the new production simulation toolkit.
- Obtain the latest version of GEANT and other Cern libraries
for different architectures and operating systems.
CADD - Computer Aided Detector Design
- Would you like to have the detector structure transferred to another
- If you are not familiar with GEANT and want to learn to use it,
this is probably where you want to go.
- Frequently asked questions are listed here as well as answers to them.
- If you believe you have found a bug, please report this problem to
Please provide sufficient detail allowing us to
reproduce and understand the problem, e.g. version of geant, hardware and OS, etc.
Back to API group home page
Last Mod. 7 May 2003